Bloxwich Engineering Ltd make automotive components and wanted to introduce a 'project oriented approach' into their business. Enhanced project management skills were seen as a key requirement. They sought the help of TWI's Consulting Services Group.
The objective of the project was to introduce project management concepts and train staff in techniques and their application
The approach taken was to:
- train in both manual and computer based techniques with emphasis on use for special orders;
- evaluate project management software for use by Bloxwich.
The benefits obtained were:
- reduced time spent on project management and control (by 20%);
- improved budgetary and resource control;
- increased awareness of project management tools.
It was concluded that the use of project management tools and techniques increased efficiency and allowed business to adopt a 'project oriented approach'.