TWI has been actively involved in the development and testing of electronic devices and sensors for over 40 years, helping our Members to produce cost-effective, reliable products and solutions by providing authoritative advice and guidance on materials and process selection, prototyping and production line troubleshooting.
Sensors, electronics and photonics and are fundamental to the operation of most of today’s products, production systems, processes and infrastructure, and are an inherent part of the increasing digitalisation of manufacturing technologies.
At TWI, we offer support on the full range of products and applications, including:
- Sensors – for a wide variety of applications – process control, asset management, production process and system monitoring across all industrial sectors including petrochemical, power generation, automotive, aerospace, defence, medical and consumer products
- Electronics and sensor packaging for harsh environments
- Electrical / electronic interconnection – motors, batteries, power electronics, sensors
- Microjoining and assembly, and micromachining/surfacing
- Electronics packaging – chip attachment, interconnection, encapsulation, hermetic sealing and substrate/board assembly
- Validation, reliability studies and testing