The essential tool for electron beam welding and processing
BeamAssure is an advanced QA tool which independently measures and quantifies electron beams, to aid manufacturing, research or maintenance planning.
BeamAssure provides unrivalled confidence in the performance of your electron beam system, so you can have confidence in the integrity of your product.
Measuring and calibrating powerful electron beams is notoriously challenging, but BeamAssure makes it simple.
BeamAssure captures crucial data and reveals where improvements can be made in real time, giving you assurance of your beam’s consistency, even after thousands of welds.
Compatible with almost every configuration of electron beam chamber, BeamAssure brings an unprecedented level of quality assurance to electron beam processing.
What is BeamAssure?
BeamAssure is an advanced, durable probe system combining hardware and software, which measures and visually represents key characteristics of an electron beam:
- Can be integrated into a welding machine chamber and CNC/PLC or supplied as a portable system
- Can be programmed for incorporation into a fully automated production cycle or used manually as needed
- Displays results in real time and generates data that can be exported in a range of formats for in-depth analysis
- Culmination of two decades of beam probing understanding and development at TWI
- Compatible with all welding machines (up to and in excess of 150kV), and capable of analysing beams at powers exceeding 40kW
- Quick go/no-go ‘traffic light’ decision-making tool
- Objectively determines beam focus settings, independently of operator/machine perception
- Accumulates long-term process QA data
- Not intrusive to welding
- Measures low- and high-power beams
- Variants for welding, additive manufacturing and processing
- Requires no thermal management or active cooling
- Developed and fully supported by TWI – installation, training and warranty
BeamAssure is already in production and research use on three continents.
Durable and reliable
BeamAssure has been in continuous use for serial aero engine production since 2011.
Value-adding practical benefits
“ BeamAssure has resulted in a step change in our understanding of electron beam welding”
- Prime UK OEM, 2016
- Detect and eliminate set-up errors
- Analyse and optimise beam parameters
- Monitor wear and foresee failure