In recent years additive manufacture has become a hot topic for many wishing to reduce costs and improve component productivity, versatility and performance.
TWI is active in support of equipment builders and users of both powder-bed and wire-fed systems. TWI can assist in addressing joining challenges where additive manufactured components are to become part of a high integrity structure.
- Wire-fed processing (W-EBAM)
- Equipment optimisation and quality assurance (QA) including BeamAssure™
- Wire-fed expertise in many materials
- Welding and brazing of additive parts
- Modelling and practice to mitigate stress and distortion during build
- Surface finish improvement methods
- Non-destructive inspection
- Techno-economic assessments
- Greater design freedom
- Application possible using welding equipment in some cases
Key Application Fields
For further information please see Joining Technologies or please email email@example.com.