Whatever your involvement in the fabrication industry, we can work with you to help you meet your business objectives.
TWI can provide you with technical support including:
- Welding Engineering Helpdesk: call our qualified welding engineers or metallurgists free of charge
- Consultancy on fabrication problems Technology audit: TWI can review your welding procedures impartially; can assess your workshop layout and quality management system and can improve your quality and reduce your costs
- Visit TWI to take advantage of the latest technical developments and discuss your business needs
- Re-appraise your products and be offered recommendations on alternative designs, materials and innovative joining processes
By working with you, we can provide you with help on unfamiliar materials such as:
- Cupro-nickel alloys and super duplex stainless steels
- Dissimilar materials welding
- Cladding and corrosion protection
- Plastics and composites
- Unfamiliar, yet 'normal' joints, such as stainless to carbon steel
You can also contract TWI for in-depth consultancy on:
- Distortion and fatigue
- Metallurgy and defect analysis
- Non destructive testing (NDT)
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Engineering Critical Assessment (ECA), to establish fitness for service or need to repair
TWI has built an international reputation for applying innovation and established technologies to achieve best practice. Multi-disciplinary teams work with Industrial member organisations helping them to optimise fitness for purpose performance by rapid response problem solving.
Practical solutions are given for even the most difficult problems, whether we are working with smaller companies or some of the most technically advanced global companies.
We have assisted Industrial Members at all stages of the product life cycle: from the feasibility design stage through to options for repair.
TWI has also established a world class reputation for its scheduled and tailor-made training and examination courses held in the UK and around the world.