TWI supports the world's largest aerospace companies with welding, joining, inspection and testing methods
TWI has provided technical advice and consultancy to the worldwide aerospace industry - including the main airframe, engine and main component manufacturers - for many years. We offer novel solutions in joining technology for the broadest range of aerospace materials and safety-critical applications.
For example, we have provided assistance to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) covering:
- Arc, power beam and friction welding
- Laser and EB additive manufacture
- Non-destructive testing (NDT) of metallic and composite materials
- HVOF, plasma and cold-sprayed coatings
Benefits to your business
- Process audits to reduce costs
- Process development experience to reduce buy-to-fly ratios
- Reduction in R&D risk
- Training of staff in welding and NDT disciplines
Our strategy is to add value to our Members' projects by working with them to reduce costs, or add functionality to their products or services.
As well as supporting developments in welding engineering technology, we can now assist with:
Focusing on challenges
Today's work supports the main airframe, engine and main component manufacturers. Tomorrow's work will extend this to rotorcraft and a greater range of supplier companies, particularly the growing sensors market.
For more information about TWI's services to the aerospace industry, please email email@example.com.