Tue, 19 October, 2021
We are pleased to announce that, following a successful surveillance audit earlier this month, TWI has been permitted to retain our certification to ISO 14001:2015.
The remote audit, conducted by Lloyd’s Register, was carried out over 5 days, covering our headquarters near Cambridge and our technology centres in Port Talbot and Rotherham.
TWI’s Head of HSE, Mark Davies oversaw the process with input from a number of different departments across the business.
The audit required TWI to demonstrate its commitment to minimise its effect on the environment, through various methods including smart procurement, use of solar panels and waste separation. A number of TWI employees were interviewed to ensure that that our commitments had been transferred into tangible actions, which were considered as part of ‘business as usual.’
The independent certification to ISO 14001:2015 proves to employees, visitors, customers and other interested parties that we have systems in place to actively identify, manage, monitor and control our environmental impacts in a holistic way.
Certification to the standard also has a number of additional benefits:
- Increases leadership involvement and employee engagement
- Improves the company reputation and the confidence of stakeholders
- Achieves environmental aims by incorporating these issues into business management
- Provides benefits through improved efficiencies and reduced costs
- Encourages better environmental performance from suppliers by integrating them into our business systems
The next annual surveillance audit with Lloyds Register is due to take place in October 2022 and will cover our headquarters and technology centres in Middlesbrough and Wales.