Fri, 30 October, 2020
Following a successful certificate renewal audit, which took place earlier this month, TWI has been issued with a new ISO 14001:2015 certificate.
The remote audit, conducted by Lloyd’s Register, was carried out over 6 days, covering TWI’s headquarters near Cambridge and our technology centres in Aberdeen and Middlesbrough.
TWI’s Senior Environmental Advisor, Camilla Hitchcock, oversaw the process with input from a number of different departments across the business.
The audit confirmed the continuing effectiveness of the environmental management system, with no areas of non-conformance being raised during the visit.
An environmental management system helps TWI identify, manage, monitor and control our environmental impacts in a holistic way, but being certified to the standard also has a number of additional benefits:
- Increases leadership involvement and engagement of employees
- Improves reputation and the confidence of stakeholders through strategic communication
- Achieves strategic business aims by incorporating environmental issues into business management
- Provides benefits through improved efficiencies and reduced costs
- Encourages better environmental performance of suppliers by integrating them into the organisation’s business systems
The next annual surveillance audit with Lloyds Register is due to take place in October 2021 and will cover TWI’s headquarters and technology centres in Sheffield and Wales.