2023 is the 100th Anniversary of The Welding Institute and we are holding an exclusive centenary dinner at Kings College, Cambridge on Thursday 7 December 2023.
The evening will be a celebration of The Institute and is an excellent way to meet contacts from our wide Industrial and Professional Memberships, our academic partners and TWI's own staff.
Kings College, Kings Parade, Cambridge, CB2 1ST. Directions can be found here.
Travelling by car
Closest car park is
Travelling by train
The closest station is Cambridge Rail Station which is 1.5 miles away. There is a taxi rank outside the station.
Time of Dinner
A drinks reception will be held in the Hall at 19.00. Dinner will be served from 20.00 and the evening is expected to finish by 22.00 when you are welcome to stay on for drinks at the bar.
Black Tie and Cocktail Dresses.
The event will comprise of exhibition stands from TWI's Industrial Membership OEM community, who will also be demonstrating their products to delegates.
Confirmed exhibitors so far include:
- Air Products Plc
- ARC Machines
- Atlas Copco
- Cambridge Vacuum Engineering
- Corewire Limited
- ESAB AB
- EWM Hightech Welding UK Ltd
- Fronius UK Ltd
- Huntingdon Fusion Techniques Ltd
- IPS Structural Adhesives Inc
- ITW Welding
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd
- Kuka Systems UK Ltd
- Lasermet Ltd
- Lincoln Electric Europe SL
- NobelClad GmbH
- OTC Daihen Europe GmbH
- Renishaw Plc
- SPI Lasers UK Limited
- The Welding Alloys Group Ltd
- TPS Weldtech Ltd
- Triton Electronics Ltd
- The Validation Centre (TVC) Limited
- Wulfram Industrie GmbH
Other activities during the day will include:
- The 'Meet the Expert' Zone which provides the opportunity for delegates to have confidential one-to-one meetings with TWI’s engineering experts and scientists
- Keynote presentations from industry speakers
- Product demonstrations by exhibitors
- A tour of TWI's world-class facilities
Feedback from exhibitors and delegates from last year's event.
- ‘We always enjoy this event with TWI as the visitors are 'good quality'. We engage with new customers as well as existing ones.’
Huntingdon Fusion Techniques Ltd
- ‘It should become the premier welding exhibition in the UK.’
ESAB Speciality Alloys
- ‘The most valuable part of the day was speaking to the experts. We wanted to weld stainless-steel to navel brass, the experts gave us all the info and contacts we needed to be able to braise the two components together. We are cable specialist so therefore we are always looking to broaden our knowledge on welding and abrasive metals.’
Meg Lodge, CableFirst
- ‘Excellent forum to interact directly with the leading manufacturers and service providers. The diversity in the stalls resonated very well with the important themes of the modern industry ie data management, HS&E, automation in welding and virtual reality applications.’
Archit Sharma, Rolls-Royce
Please note that only Industrial Members of TWI are allowed to exhibit at this event.