The aim of the Welding Systems Integration (WSI) team is to provide the next generation of smart autonomous welding systems based upon TWI’s world-class process knowledge, developed within the context of the latest digital manufacturing philosophies underpinned by Industry 4.0.
- Systems engineering incorporating concept, design, process integration, manufacturing system verification and training
- Extensive industrial experience within high-value and high-volume environments to exacting customer requirements
- A focal point for the application and development of Industry 4.0 philosophies within a welding manufacturing technologies context.
Member-focused service offering turnkey welding manufacturing systems architecture solutions:
- Feasibility study and requirements capture
- Conceptualisation, design and maturity
- Integration of welding, smart technologies, automation and IT solutions
- Systems verification and demonstration using technology readiness level (TRL) maturity process
- Training and ongoing support
- Technology partner identification and supply chain development
- Project management ownership.
The benefits from developing and implementing smart autonomous welding systems are wide ranging, from cost savings to embedded human knowledge within an automated process. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your ideas and requirements further.