Fri, 11 August, 2023
The Welding Institute’s Structural Integrity Technical Group will be hosting their first in-person Technical Group, from 12:00PM – 17:00PM (UK time) on 12 September 2023.
The event, which is titled, ‘In Person: Structural Integrity in the Nuclear World,’ will be useful for those interested in the nuclear industry.
This in-person event is intended to inform about the current status and promote a discussion about the way forward in view of the expected growth in this area.
Who Should Attend?
Managers, engineers and technicians involved in structural integrity at all levels, and from all sides of the nuclear industry (manufacturers to regulators).
Speakers and Presentations:
- Dr Jack Beswick, Structural Integrity/Finite Element Senior Consultant, Jacobs on, ‘Recent development in R6’
- Dr Steve Jones CEng FWeldI, Professor of Joining technologies: Welding, Brazing and Bonding, University of Sheffield, on, ‘Can we improve welding integrity from an artificial perspective – PROBABLY: The expansion of a Welding Engineer’s toolbox for the future’
- EUR ING Charles Schneider, Technology Fellow, TWI Ltd on, ‘Advanced ultrasonic NDT of austenitic pipework for stress corrosion cracking’
- Dr Huan Wu, Senior Numerical Simulation Engineer, TWI Ltd on, ‘A probabilistic model for the prediction of the distribution of breaching times of carbon steel canisters’
- Dr Gareth Hopkin, Principal Inspector of Nuclear Installations, Office for Nuclear Regulation on, ‘The use of probabilistic safety assessments in the nuclear industry – a regulatory view’
You can find out more and register for this event, here.