Fri, 29 January, 2021
The Welding Institute’s Joining Processes Technical Group will be hosting its online event looking at the, ‘Welding and Repair of High Temperature Plant,’ on the 16 March, 2021.
The online Joining Processes Technical group event will explore the major objective within process plant and power generation industries of reducing life costs. This objective will be addressed by investigating life extension through repair, replacement and the use of materials with enhanced performance. The event will consider some of these methods and their roles in achieving this industrial objective.
The primary focus of the online event is the welding and repair of high temperature steels, including the presentation topics:
- Cladding of pressure vessels
- Welding and weld repair of creep resistant steels, including the P/T91and MarBn steels
- Welding repair strategies for high temperature plant
- Orbital welding for repair and replacement and the welder apprenticeship “Trailblazer” standards for the next generation of welders
These topics will be covered through presentations delivered by a range of speakers from both industry and TWI and there will also be opportunities for discussions and Q&As with the speakers.
This event was unfortunately cancelled last year due to Covid-19 but The Welding Institute has arranged for the same industry expert speakers to host their presentations again for this special online event.
Experts speakers include Joining Processes Technical Group Chair Gene Mathers; Director at Mark Golding Consultants Ltd, Mark Golding; Technical Head of Materials and Corrosion at Uniper, Scott Lockyer; Welding Engineering Manager at BAE Systems and Fellow of The Welding Institute, Michael Skyrme and finally TWI Principal Project Leader Marcello Consonni.
Registration fees for Non-Members includes a full and discounted Associate Membership (AWeldI) of The Welding Institute for a year.
Why become a Member of The Welding Institute?
- Professional Membership of The Welding Institute offers industry professional recognition
- This is a discounted Associate Membership price, available only through registration of this event as a non-member
- Gain access to The Welding Institute’s Member only branch and technical events
For more information and to register, click here: https://www.twi-global.com/media-and-events/events-diary/welding-of-high-temperature-plant.