KUKA Systems UK is also the supplier of automated production solutions and robotic welding systems for use in a wide variety of applications including the aerospace and nuclear sectors.KUKA System UK is the British manufacturer of Thompson rotary and linear friction welding machines. The company has produced over 700 machines in the past 50 years and has been one of the pioneers in the development of friction welding.
Established in the 1830’s as John Thompson Boiler Makers, it is part of KUKA AG of Germany, with sales of over €2bn, and a global workforce of around 12,000.
- Consumables: Arc Welding
- Equipment: Automation
- Equipment: Friction Stir Welding
- Equipment: Friction Welding
- Equipment: Laser
- Materials: Aluminium
- Materials: Steels
Robotic Friction Stir Welding
The KUKA Robotic Friction Stir Welding System (FSW) takes the well-established and reliable friction stir welding process to a new level. By combining the robot and FSW head directly, without the use of an end effector, the KUKA system gives unrivalled accuracies with the flexibility of a robot.
Advantages of the KUKA system include:
- Low investment costs
- Flexible programmable working area
- Integrated drive spindle with high torque
- Force Torque controlled in Z-direction
- Contact force of up to 10kN in the whole working range
- Fully integrated robot and FSW head. No end effector!