Wed, 08 March, 2023
Four experts from TWI are due to present at this year’s Aeromat Conference in Fort Worth, Texas.
The event, which has been organised by ASM International, is taking place from 14-16 March with the overarching theme of ‘Next Generation Materials and Processes for Sustainability in Aerospace.’
The implementation of new materials and technologies into both existing and future designs will not only deliver improved performance for the aerospace industry but also reduce costs and improve sustainability for aerospace structures and engines.
The conference includes a technical programme focusing on innovative material and process developments with a series of keynote speeches and panels to discuss hot topics around the research and development of these materials, including collaborations with the global materials community.
TWI will deliver four of these presentations, continuing our long and productive history of working with ASM International for the benefit of our Members.
The details of the TWI presentations and presenters are as follows:
- Chris Wiseman (Smart Transport and Digital Manufacturing Manager,) - Joining and Surfacing Technologies for Lightweight Materials
- Dr Carl Hauser (Laser Additive Manufacturing Section Manager) - Surviving the Trials and Tribulations in Large Format Printing
- Josh Barras (Principal Project eader - Laser Additive Manufacturing) - Extreme High-speed Laser Application and its First Investigations for Aerospace Applications
- Sam Holdsworth (Project Leader – Friction Welding) - Embedded Thermal Management Produced via CoreFlow™ and its Applications for Aerospace Thermal Management Systems
- Dr. Sofia Del Pozo Rodriguez (Electron Beam Section Manager) - Electron Beam Gun Design and Beam Quality Control for Additive Manufacturing and Welding
You can find out more about Aeromat 2023 and register to attend, here.