Mon, 22 March, 2021
TWI will be well represented at this year’s Industrial Laser Applications Symposium (ILAS) on 24-25 March 2021, with 5 presentations delivered by our laser processing experts and students.
ILAS is a leading laser processing conference attended by national and international delegates and speakers, offering the opportunity to get up to date with the latest advancements in laser applications whilst networking with a global community. The annual event will be held online this year due to the ongoing coronavirus restrictions but will still remain fully interactive with live discussion panels, 1-to-1s with exhibitors and networking via a live meeting hub.
TWI will provide an overview of recent research efforts into laser joining, additive manufacturing and coating processes:
- Chris Allen, Principal Project Leader: ‘New laser welding tools for Titanium aerospace components’
- Josh Barras, EHLA Team Lead: ‘Extreme High-speed Laser Application (EHLA); a step change in coating technology’ (Keynote)
- Miguel Zavala, Project Leader: ‘The use of laser-material interaction parameters to drive design and control of thin-wall architectures made of AlSi10Mg alloy by laser powder-bed-fusion (L-PBF)’
- Bowei Li, NSIRC PhD Student: ‘Investigation on the feasibility of laser riveting for dissimilar joining applications’
- Stephen Cullen, NSIRC PhD Student: ‘Laser power and surface thickness analysis of distortion within directed energy deposited In-718 flanges’
TWI Laser & Sheet Processes Section Manager, Paola De Bono, will also feature as a session chair, and Materials & Structural Integrity Technology Group Manager and AILU president, Jon Blackburn, as conference chair.
Find out more and register