Wed, 05 February, 2020
Experts from TWI are preparing for the NACE Corrosion Conference 2020. This year’s conference is being held in Houston, Texas from 15 to 19 March. It is the world’s largest conference and exhibition dedicated to corrosion and welcomes over 6,000 attendees from over 70 countries each year.
The conference features over 1000 hours of technical content focused on the study, prevention and control of corrosion, including experts from TWI who will be manning a booth at the conference as well as providing presentations and chairing a number of workshops.
You will be able to meet the TWI team on booth 1060 during the conference as well as attending one of the nine presentations being held by TWI staff.
The presentations include:
- 'Determination of the Corrosion Rate of Thermally Spayed Aluminum (TSA) in Simulated Marine Service'. Authors: Shiladitya Paul and Dave Harvey.
- 'Corrosion Testing in Supercritical CO2'. Authors: David Smyth-Boyle and Shiladitya Paul.
- 'Exploring high pressure CO2 annular corrosion in flexible pipes'. Authors: Maria Mitzithra, John Rothwell, Shiladitya Paul, Fabricio Santos (Petrobras).
- 'The influence of temperature on the performance of sacrificial metallic coatings operating in sea water'. Authors: Berenika Syrek-Gerstenkorn (NSIRC PhD student), Shiladitya Paul, Alison Davenport.
- 'Development of Novel Coating Systems for Mitigating Corrosion of Offshore Wind Turbines'. Authors: Adamantini Loukodimou (NSIRC PhD student), Idalina Vieira Aoki (Polytechnic School University of São Paulo), Vikas Kumar (Universty of Leicester), David Weston (University of Leicester), Shiladitya Paul
- 'Prediction of Thermal Spray Aluminium Coatings performance in marine environments by combination of laboratory and field tests'. Authors: Rosa Grinon-Echaniz (NSIRC PhD student), Shiladitya Paul (TWI), Philippe Refait (LaSIE Laboratory), Marc Jeannin (LaSIE Laboratory), Alvaro Rodriguez-Ruiz (Centro Tecnologico CTC).
- 'Exposure of Various Polymer-lined Carbon Steel Pipe Sections to a Sour Hydrocarbon Fluid at a Maximum Service Temperature: Methodology and Observations'. Authors: Bernadette Craster, Marilena Mitzithra, Barnaby King, Anwar Parvez (Saudi Aramco), Abdulaziz Asiri (Saudi Aramco), James Taylor (Swagelining Ltd), Colin Jones (Swagelining Ltd).
- 'The Influence of Stress Concentration and Plastic Strain on the Resistance of Precipitation Hardened Nickel Alloys to Hydrogen Embrittlement'. Authors: David Griffiths, Kasra Sotoudeh, Michael Dodge and Mike Gittos.
- 'The Effect of Interactions between Cathodic Protection Potential and Stress Concentration on Hydrogen Embrittlement of Precipitation-Hardened Nickel Alloys'. Authors: Imran Bhamji, Kasra Sotoudeh, Menno Hoekstra, Herman Amaya (Schlumberger), Bryan Fahimi (Schlumberger).
Alongside these presentations there will be four workshops chaired by TWI staff:
- Thermal and Cold Spray Symposium; Chair: Shiladitya Paul, Speaker: Dave Harvey.
- Environmentally Assisted Cracking; Chair: Kasra Sotoudeh.
- Corrosion in Supercritical Systems; Vice-Chair: Shiladitya Paul, Speaker: Shiladitya Paul.
- Thermal and Cold Spray Workshop; Chair: Shiladitya Paul, Speaker: Dave Harvey.
You can find out more about TWI’s upcoming offerings at NACE 2020 here.