Wed, 18 December, 2019
For the past few years, TWI has swapped conventional Christmas cards to go digital - and we now wish our customers and contacts season's greetings electronically instead with an e-card.
Not only is this friendlier towards the environment, it’s also more cost-effective, and allows the money saved on physical cards to be spent in other ways.
Amongst other charities*, this year TWI decided to generously donate to Sheffield Children’s Hospital, to assist with their appeal for a bigger and better A&E department, cancer and leukaemia ward and helipad.
Sheffield Children’s Hospital is one of only four dedicated children’s hospital trusts in the UK and provides integrated healthcare for 0-19 year-olds, including specialist treatments and surgeries such as bone marrow transplants.
In return for the donation, TWI received an illuminated ‘snowflake’ displayed in the window of the AMRC building, across the road from TWI Technology Centre (Yorkshire). Every year, the sponsored snowflakes (which are forged from local steel) create a festive and sparkling display throughout Sheffield and become a real talking point for the city.
*The charities that TWI donates to include:
- Alzheimer’s Society (https://www.alzheimers.org.uk)
- East Anglian Air Ambulance (https://www.eaaa.org.uk/)
- St Nicholas Hospice Care (https://stnicholashospice.org.uk/)
- Arthur Rank Hospice (https://www.arhc.org.uk/)
- Myeloma UK (https://www.myeloma.org.uk/)
- Zoe’s Place (www.zoes-place.org.uk/middlesbrough)
- Blue Cross (https://www.bluecross.org.uk/cambridgeshire-cambridge-rehoming-centre)
- Addenbrooke’s campaign (https://www.act4addenbrookes.org.uk/what-were-fundraising-for/cancer-counselling-service-appeal)
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital (https://www.sheffieldchildrens.nhs.uk/)
- Petals (https://petalscharity.org/about/)