Thu, 30 May, 2019
TWI Principal Project Leader and SLM expert, Dr Paul Goodwin, is presenting at a KTN breakfast symposium at the Advanced Manufacturing Park, Sheffield. Held on 20 June 2019, this free event will highlight the importance of efficient powder handling in Additive Manufacturing.
By listening to the industrial perspectives from powder manufacturers and users, as well as the theory from leading academics, you will learn the fundamentals of powder flow, its associated challenges and also how to follow up with the UK AM community.
This is a joint event between the Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN), Metalysis, TWI and the Wolfson Centre at the University of Greenwich.
- Powder flow: A manufacturer’s perspective (Metalysis)
- Fundamentals of powder flow (Prof Mike Bradley, University of Greenwich)
- Current issues with powder flow (Dr Paul Goodwin, TWI)
- Funding opportunities (KTN)
- Optional tour of Metalysis site
Date: 20 June 2019
Venue: AMRC Knowledge Transfer Centre, Brunel Way, Catcliffe, Rotherham S60 5WG