Underpinning our welding and material processing capabilities, TWI has a broad electron beam equipment understanding. This enables the delivery of advanced sub-systems and improvements to, and optimisation of, existing/legacy facilities.
Services include gun and optics design, deflection control and provision of quality assurance tools for welding and additive manufacture.
- Finite element analysis (FEA) of beam generation, transmission, manipulation & qualities at the work piece
- FEA simulations accounting for space charge, thermal velocity, bias, brightness, size and intensity of spot
- Design, prototype, testing & supply
- Magnetic properties knowledge
- Vacuum systems know-how
- Radio frequency (RF) excitation specialist knowledge
- Thermionic and plasma cathode physics
- Theory, modelling and practice
- Monitoring and calibration know-how
Applications and benefits:
- Welding & additive manufacture
- Design of advanced systems
- Optimisation of existing equipment to meet new challenges
For further information please see Joining Technologies or please email email@example.com.