Surfaces produced with the Surfi-Sculpt process have shown potential for the following applications:
- Composite to metal bonding, also known as ComeldTM
- Promotion of adhesive bonding
- Bonding and direct moulding of polymers to metal parts
- Manufacture of aerodynamically enhanced surfaces
- Manufacture of hydrodynamically enhanced surfaces
- As a preparation prior to surface coating
- Manufacture of filters and other applications requiring shaped slots and holes, e.g. for mixing of gases and/or liquids
- Manufacture of surfaces with enhanced thermal properties
- Manufacture of tailored surfaces with specific wave interaction, absorption, emission and/or propagation properties
- Manufacture of locally alloyed functional surfaces with specific mechanical, electrical, magnetic, thermal chemical, etc properties.
A prototype liquid cold plate heat exchanger (courtesy of Thermacore Europe)
TWI would welcome collaboration with potential industrial users of the technology in any of the above application areas.
To learn more about Surfi-Sculpt please email email@example.com.