TWI’s fatigue specialists draw on many decades of accumulated research and expertise in fatigue analysis, design, assessment and testing, covering all industry sectors.
- Consultancy on fatigue design and assessment
- Instrumentation and strain monitoring of structures
- Fatigue crack repair and life extension
- Residual stress measurement
- Fatigue testing of materials and components
- Fatigue testing of materials in a corrosive environment
- Resonance fatigue testing
TWI guidance, Fatigue design rules for welded steel joints, informed the progenitors of many of today's national and international fatigue design standards. We continue to participate in standards committees and play a leading role in the development of many current standards, including BS 7608:2014, BS 7910:2013, Eurocode 3 and IIW guidance documents.