There are five general factors that will affect how durable an adhesive joint system is. These factors are listed below, along with some of the more specific issues covered by each factor.
- Environment - temperature, humidity, water and other liquids, salt and radiation
- Loads and stresses - strength, creep and fatigue
- Adhesive type - epoxy, acrylic, polyurethane, toughened, and others
- Adherend material - steel, aluminium, titanium, polymers composites
- Surface preparation - interface creation, adhesion theory, degrease, abrasion, etch, anodise, primers
For assistance with this technology please contact us.