Frequently Asked Questions
The main advantages of plasma spraying over other thermal spray processes include:
- A wide range of coating materials to meet many different needs, with virtually all materials available in a suitable powder form.
- Many types of substrate material, including metals, ceramics, plastics, glass, and composite materials can be coated using plasma spraying.
- The high temperature of a plasma jet makes it particularly suitable for spraying coatings of refractory metals and ceramics, including ZrO2, B4C and tungsten.
- A broader powder particle size range can be used, typically 5-100µm, compared with HVOF spraying.
- Plasma spraying is a well-established coating process that is widely available and well understood.
See further information about Materials & Corrosion Management or please contact us.