- A Master Production Schedule (MPS) of product requirements
- A Bill of Materials (BOM), which lists every item needed to make each product
- Information on current inventories of these items
This information is used by the system to schedule the production and delivery of the necessary items.
Manufacturing Resource Planning (often called MRPII) expands on MRP to include:
- A capacity planning tool to determine production capacity limitations
- A financial tool to translate operations planning into financial terms
- A simulation tool to assess alternative production plans.
For more information, please contact us.
Womack, J.P. and Jones, D.T, Lean Thinking, Simon & Schuster, New York, USA, 1996 (ISBN 0-684-81035-2)