Wed, 15 November, 2023
Digital innovation is reshaping the landscape of manufacturing, and staying ahead in this dynamic industry requires constant upskilling.
Join us at the online Digital Manufacturing Symposium on 29 November, 2023, organised by TWI Ltd, to dive into the latest trends, insights, and strategies for upskilling in the digital era.
The symposium will explore how to bridge the gap between technological advancements and skilled human work, contributing to the goals of the Up-Skill project for shaping the future of manufacturing together.
As the Up-Skill project focuses on shifting the managerial capabilities needed to maintain added value, our symposium will include discussions on funding opportunities for digital initiatives and updates on digital strategies, which will contribute to a comprehensive understanding of the managerial landscape.
- 9:30 am - Arrival and Registration: Get ready for a day filled with valuable insights and networking opportunities
- 9:45 am - Welcoming / Opening by Darren Williams, TWI Ltd: Kick off the symposium with a warm welcome and an overview of the day's agenda
- 10:00 am - OT/IT Convergence with Industrial Edge - Speaker: Daniel Smalley, Business Manager, Factory Automation Digitalisation, Siemens: Explore the convergence of operational technology and information technology, unlocking the potential of the industrial edge
- 10:20 am - (Topic TBC) - Speaker: Tim Stephenson, Digital Catapult: Stay tuned for an intriguing topic to be announced by Tim Stephenson from Digital Catapult
- 10:40 am - Digital Tools to Aid Engineering Collaboration - Speaker: Dr. Simon McCaldin, Open Innovation Lead, Authentise: Discover the practical use of machine learning and artificial intelligence for enhancing collaboration within engineering teams
- 11:00 am - Coffee Break: Network with industry peers and share insights over a refreshing break
- 11:20 am - Improving Robotic Flexibility with Distributed Microservices - Speaker: Paul McHard, Senior Robotics Software Engineer, HAL Robotics: Dive into a real-world case study on enhancing robotic flexibility through distributed microservices in vacuum brazing
- 11:40 am - Upskill EU Funded Project – An Overview - Speaker: Andrew Gridley, Senior Research Associate, Lancaster University: Gain a comprehensive overview of the importance of upskilling in the manufacturing sector
- 12:00 pm - Bridges Project - Speaker: Professor Chris Warhurst, Director of Institute for Employment Research, University of Warwick: Explore the Bridges Project and its impact on fostering collaboration between academia and industry
- 12:20 pm - Lunch Break: Enjoy lunch and engage in conversations with fellow participants
- 1:20 pm - Digitalising Ford towards a Zero Emissions Future - Speaker: Michael Higgins, Manufacturing Collaboration and Innovation Leader, Ford Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering: Learn about Ford's journey towards a zero-emissions future through digital transformation
- 1:40 pm - ATS Digital Strategy – Update - Speaker: Katerina Mouliadou, Innovation Lead, ATS: Get updated on ATS's digital strategy and its role in shaping the future of manufacturing
- 2:00 pm - Data Science and Machine Learning Applications in Welding and Additive Manufacturing - Speaker: Longjie Wang, Finite Element Analyst, TWI Ltd: Explore the applications of data science and machine learning in welding and additive manufacturing processes
- 2:20 pm - TWI Weld Coordinator Software - Speaker: Andy Brightmore, Software Business Development Manager, TWI Ltd: Discover the latest advancements in TWI's Weld Coordinator Software
- 2:40 pm - Funding Opportunities for Digital - Speaker: Ujjwal Bharadwaj, Section Manager, Technology Innovation Management (TIM), TWI Ltd: Learn about available funding opportunities for digital initiatives in manufacturing
- 3:00 pm - Closing/ Tour: Wrap up the day with closing remarks and an optional tour of the facilities at TWI Ltd
Don't miss this opportunity to gain valuable insights, connect with industry experts, and chart your course for success in the evolving digital manufacturing landscape.
Find out more and secure your spot now for a day of learning and collaboration, HERE.
You can also find out more about the Up-Skill project, of which TWI is a part, here.