Tue, 19 May, 2020
Announcing a new call for two rescheduled TWI training courses now to be held in October 2020.
The first, ‘Welding of Moulded Plastic Components’ brings a mix of classroom-based and practical activities related to the welding or bonding of moulded plastic components as used in industries ranging from automotive and aerospace to household goods, medical, and more.
Ideal for engineers and manufacturers, this course will provide you with the following:
- The necessary welding knowledge for designing plastic moulded parts for complex high-integrity applications
- Understanding of the range of available processes for joining moulded parts, including methods such as hot plate, vibration, laser, ultrasonic and hot air staking
- The information required for optimising welding processes and troubleshoot any production problems to improve productivity and solve problems as they arise
This course is now set to run from 6-8 October 2020, with discounts available for group bookings.
The second course, which will now run from 20-23 October 2020 deals with adhesive bonding technologies. Focusing on the underlying science behind this technology, the course includes:
- An overview of adhesive science and technology
- An understanding of the associated technologies
- Hands-on experience of adhesive bonding in action
- Information about the importance of surface engineering techniques and the associated benefits
- An appreciation of the influences on long-term service performance
Due to the recent COVID-19 situation, the training on moulded plastic components and the adhesive bonding technical workshop (combined theory and practical) did not take place in March as was originally planned.
TWI is happy to announce that those training courses have moved to October and anyone that is interested in attending could do so, through the following address: