Tue, 23 May, 2023
For 2023, we are bringing you the TWI Innovation Network (TWIIN) Annual Convention even bigger and better than last year!
Taking place on Thursday 15 June 2023, we are once again holding it in-person – and looking forward to welcoming TWI Industrial and Innovation Network Members, industry and academic partners and associates, and colleagues from Europe and farther afield – to TWI Cambridge, UK. Register now to book your place.
With the focus firmly on innovation, the TWIIN Convention 2023 will provide deep insights into how you can tap into, and harness, project opportunities, grant funding, mutual collaborations and business acceleration initiatives to enable new engineering technologies development within your company or organisation.
The speakers for this year’s event bring with them a wealth of knowledge and experience in their specialist areas, and together will share with you the latest Government direction and thinking, the strategies they know work the best for unlocking technology research and development (R&D), how academia and industry are working together to tackle the crucial issue of net zero and more.
The TWIIN Convention 2023 will be opened by James Foden, Section Manager, Technology Innovation Management at TWI, who will give a brief introduction to TWIIN, and its unique ecosystem for fostering collaborative R&D between like-minded companies and organisations internationally.
Guest speakers include:
- Simone Boekelaar, Head of Horizon Scanning, and Neil Witten, Innovation Lead for Advanced Materials, both of Innovate UK
- TWI Industrial Member company representatives Sozon Tsopanos, Head of Additive Manufacturing, The Weir Group PLC, Fabio Esposito, R&D Manager, TEC Eurolab Srl and Phil Carr, Director of Carrs Welding Technologies
- TWI Innovation Network Member company representative Marzuk Kamal, CEO and Chief Data Scientist, Aeonx.AI
- Michael Short, Professor of Control Engineering and Systems Informatics, and Academic Lead for the Centre for Sustainable Engineering, Teesside University, representing the Net Zero Industry Innovation Centre
- Michael Evans, CEO of Cambridge Carbon Capture Ltd
- Julian Gibbs, Partnership Development Manager, and Minna Lammi, Associate Professor in Sustainable Enterprise, both of Anglia Ruskin University (ARU)
An exhibition will accompany the day and there will be plenty of time during the breaks for peer-to-peer networking, meeting new contacts and exploring areas of mutual interest.
In addition, delegates are invited to attend the NSIRC Research & Innovation Conference 2023 on Wednesday 14 June, the day before the TWIIN Convention 2023, and also taking place at TWI Cambridge. The Conference will feature presentations by a number of students on their proprietary PhD research areas as well as keynote speakers from academia and industry.
The TWI Innovation Network (TWIIN) Convention 2023, and the NSIRC Research & Innovation Conference 2023 are free to attend. Register now to book your place for the events you would like to attend.