The TWI Innovation Network (TWIIN) is part of TWI Ltd, the international research and technology organisation (RTO), headquartered in Cambridge, UK, whose specialist consultants, engineers, scientists, researchers and technicians deliver engineering, materials and manufacturing solutions that meet the needs of TWI Industrial Member companies and wider industry.
Through TWIIN, TWI has a large portfolio of innovation focused activities including:
- The National Structural Integrity Research Centre (NSIRC) – post graduate study programmes in an industrial engineering environment
- Innovation Centres – joint industry-research partnerships between TWI and academia developing new engineering technologies
- Technology Acceleration Programmes (TAPs) – collaborations with SMEs, TWI Industrial Members and TWIIIN Members to move innovative concepts through to commercialisation
- Private Technology Partnerships (PTIPs) – long-term relationships with technology organisations to develop novel solutions and address industrial challenges
- TWI Innovation Network Subscription – different options designed for companies and organisations looking to build their technology and marketplace ambitions
- Technology Innovation Management – opportunities to join like-minded consortia on collaborative projects for grant funding proposals
- Innovation Consultancy Services - a more tailored, 1-2-1 approach for accelerating innovation processes, leading to new product, system and service development
- An annual programme of in-person events and online webinars – opportunities for project collaboration, partner-matching, networking and gaining new insights
In combination, these form an open innovation eco-system with transformative socio-economic and industrial impact.
Current focus areas include digital twin, artificial intelligence (AI), additive and digital manufacturing, Industry 4.0, advanced inspection and monitoring, autonomous robot systems, advanced materials and composites, renewable technologies, net zero initiatives and the hydrogen economy, healthcare, joining 4.0 solutions and more.
Interested in getting more involved? Then take a look at Orbit, TWIIN’s online platform for grant funded project collaboration, networking, insider knowledge exchange and more. Simply create your personal login – then you are ready to start exploring our Orbit gateway to new opportunities.