The Tees Valley Innovation Accelerator (TIA) is a programme funded by the European Regional Development Fund in the Northern Powerhouse Region, aiming to stimulate economic development by investing in projects that support innovation and businesses to create jobs and regenerate local communities.
It is designed to help Tees Valley based SMEs grow through innovation and access funding. The programme is delivered by TWI and Teesside University, two world leaders in the entrepreneur support, with decades of experience and thousands of entrepreneurs supported all over the world.
Participants can expect to receive free personalised support in the following areas:
- Business modelling to include new products/services/offerings that correspond to new market needs
- Innovation road mapping and expert IT advice
- Grant proposal writing support and funding advice
- Prototyping technical guidance and manufacturing planning
- Marketing strategy for new services
You are eligible to apply for TIA’s free support if you are:
- A founder of a small or medium sized business, registered with Companies House. According to the EU, small or medium sized businesses are those that have fewer than 250 employees and a turnover below €50 million
- Based in Tees Valley region(Darlington, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Stockton-on-Tees, Redcar and Cleveland)
- Looking to fast track your offerings to the market by creating from scratch or re-branding your existing business model through a new product, process or service that is technically innovative
To find out more about the TIA scheme including how to apply, contact us here.
To receive updates on new upcoming opportunities and to read the success stories of SMEs that already participated in the TIA programme, subscribe to our newsletter.
Sign up to TIA Newsletter