Public funding, product development and consultancy to Tees Valley SMEs
The Tees Valley Innovation Accelerator (TIA) has been established to help companies drive innovation and produce new products, process and services.
It is delivered by TWI Middlesbrough (based in the Teesside Advanced Manufacturing Park, TeesAMP) and Teesside University who will provide fully funded support to any Small and Medium sized Enterprise (SME) in the Tees Valley.
The project is funded by the European Regional Development Fund in the Northern Powerhouse Region and was launched in June 2020.
Helping businesses in the Tees Valley area bring product ideas to market
TIA will enable companies in the Tees Valley to leverage public funding and have access to consultation and prototyping services thereby maximising their potential to exploit new technological concepts.
This is a publically funded service to Tees Valley SMEs, to support/accelerate the transformation of SME innovations into commercial products, services or processes.
TWI will help navigate from idea to market whilst Teesside University will support prototyping.
- Support innovative SMEs operating in the Tees Valley area to realise their ambitions.
- Help SMEs leverage public funding to drive innovation.
- Increase the proportion of Tees Valley SMEs that are innovative.
- Support the development of new technologies and products for new and existing markets.
- Help Tees Valley SME’s remain relevant in a rapidly changing world.
- Create a legacy of innovation within SMEs which will support future growth.