This course is suitable for all personnel including testers, inspectors, engineers and surveyors who require a comprehensive introduction to ultrasonic testing of welded joints.
What will I Learn?
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Explain the theoretical background of the techniques
- Calibrate ultrasonic equipment
- Measure the thickness of steel plates and determine levels of attenuation
- Locate and evaluate laminations
- Select the correct type of probe to examine welded butt joints in steel plate and aerospace components/structures
- Report on the location and size of defects in typical welded butt joints
- Interpret code requirements
- Meet the CSWIP syllabus requirement
There are no mandatory course entry requirements.
Training is in accordance with the requirements of BS EN ISO 9712 and ends with a certification examination.
The minimum required duration of training, which includes both theoretical and practical elements, is:
- Level 1 - 40 hours
- Level 2 - 80 hours (Direct Level 2: 120 hours)
The training hours requirement is fulfilled when candidates attend one of TWI's training courses.
The minimum duration for experience prior to or following success in the qualification examination is:
- Level 1 - 3 months
- Level 2 - 9 months (Direct Level 2: 12 months)
Certification will not be issued until successful completion of the examination and the required experience is achieved.
Read the full course details here
Recommended ANDT courses: Time of Flight Diffraction, Automated Data Interpretation, Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing