This course is appropriate for all NDT personnel, inspectors and technicians involved in weld inspection, inspection of castings and forgings during fabrication or in-service inspection.
What will I Learn?
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Explain the basic principles of penetrant inspection methods
- Carry out penetrant inspection using solvent-removable, water-washable and post-emulsifiable/removal processes
- Write clear and concise inspection instructions and test reports
- Meet syllabus requirements for CSWIP Level 2
There are no mandatory course entry requirements.
The minimum required duration of training, which includes both theoretical and practical elements, is:
- Level 1 - 16 hours
- Level 2 - 24 hours (Direct level 2 - 40 hours)
The training hours requirement is fulfilled when candidates attend one of TWI's training courses.
The minimum duration for experience prior to or following success in the qualification examination is:
- Level 1 - 1 month
- Level 2 - 3 months (Direct Level 2 - 4 months)
Certification will not be issued until successful completion of the examination and the required experience is achieved.
Training is in accordance with the requirements of BS EN ISO 9712 and ends with a certification examination.
Read the full course details here
Recommended courses: Magnetic Particle Testing, Visual Testing, Eddy Current Testing