Plant inspection is an interesting and diverse role. As a CSWIP Plant Inspector, you will act as the primary interface between inspection and the integrity engineering team to manage and report on the status of all in-progress inspection, integrity and corrosion monitoring activities at a plant.
Asset integrity management approaches are placing increasing demands on the accuracy and reliability of process plant inspections. Thus, it is very essential for all personnel’s to not only have sufficient experience but also an effective training program before being deemed competent to perform inspections on process & engineering plants.
This CSWIP Plant Inspector eLearning course will add value to your plant integrity management skills with the flexibility of learning at your own pace in a time span of 60 days. The current scheme is designed to aim all the personnel involved in engineering, inspection, operation & maintenance activities in oil & gas, process plants & power sector. This plant inspection scheme consist of two level of competence - Plant Inspector & Senior Plant Inspector.
CSWIP Plant Inspector eLearning Course
Am I eligible?
This course is suitable for personnel involved in engineering, operations and maintenance and inspection inspection activities in the oil and gas sector, chemical process plants, power generation sector, utilities, commercial works (vendor) inspection organisation, classification society or insurance company.
Key topics of the plant inspection eLearning module:
- Basics of inspection
- Inspection & design of above ground storage tanks, pressure vessels and piping
- Damage mechanism; inspection techniques and planning
- Basics of welding and welding procedures.
- Material inspection and verification
- Destructive testing and Non Destructive examination (NDE)
- Basic code calculations for instance short term and long-term corrosion rates, remaining life, MAWP etc.
- Fundamentals of repair, alter and re-rate
- Inspection interval, frequency and extent of inspection
- Coating and cathodic protection fundamentals
- Fundamentals of RBI
What is the entry requirement?
You must submit a copy of you updated CV for review. You should ideally have qualification in NDE and weld inspection. Prospective candidates with different academic qualification and approvals/experience may be given some leeway in terms of entry requirements.
How do I get the eLearning access?
Once your CV is approved, you have to complete the necessary documentation and pay the course fee. You will then receive an email notification with your login details. You will have 60 days to complete your distance-learning course.
Is there any system specifications?
You will need the following system requirements in order to fully access the eLearning material,
- Latest version of your web browser
- Recommended internet speed: at least 0.5 Mbps
- Display resolution: minimum 1024x768
- Ideal for use on desktops or tablets
Contact us to book your eLearning course
CSWIP Senior Plant Inspector (Level 2) eLearning Course