Who should attend?
A course suitable for individuals with ultrasonic experience, who are looking to expand their knowledge into advanced ultrasonic applications and gain a qualification in Time of Flight Diffraction (ToFD).
Where can I take the face-to-face training?
The CSWIP Time of Flight Diffraction (ToFD) course is available in various countries throughout the South East Asia region. You can attend the course in Malaysia and South Korea.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand the theoretical background and limitations of ToFD applications
- Correctly select probe/wedge to examine welded butt joints
- Calibrate and set up the ToFD ultrasonic equipment
- Locate and evaluate flaws in the weld body and HAZ
- Differentiate defects from geometric features
- Analyse scan data for location and size of defects in typical welded butt joints
- Understand and apply digital processing processes (SAFT, linearization, averaging, filters etc)
- Compile written instructions
- Meet the CSWIP syllabus requirements
What are the entry requirements?
CSWIP candidates should be qualified to a minimum of BS EN ISO 9712. CSWIP certification is also available for candidates holding ASNT UT Welds.
The minimum duration for experience prior to or following success in the direct entry to level 2 qualification examination is 4 months.
Read the full course details here.
HRDCorp claimable grant
TWI Training courses are all HRDCorp claimable under the SBL-Khas scheme. SBL-Khas provides opportunity for HRDCorp registered employers to retrain and upgrade their employees in line with their operational and business requirements.
To start your grant application, click here to find out the process flow and guideline.
MBOT Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours earned
What is MBOT CPD hours?
Contact us to book