Whats App us here
Join the waiting list
Who should attend?
If you are a commercial diver requiring knowledge of advanced underwater NDT techniques and planning a career progression from the CSWIP 3.1U, this course is suitable for you.
What do I learn?
Theoretical instruction to CSWIP approved syllabus; advanced underwater NDT techniques; magnetic particle inspection; weld toe grinding; overview of electro-magnetic techniques.
Upon completion of the course, you should:
- Be able to explain theoretical principles relating to subsea NDT inspection
- Be proficient in practical NDT subsea inspection techniques
- Gain eligibility to sit the CSWIP 3.2U examination
What are the entry requirements?
- Must hold current CSWIP 3.1U certificate
- Hold an IMCA/HSE approved diving medical examiners certificate
- 50 logged diving hours working as a practicing commercial diver for back-to-back 3.1U followed by the 3.2U
CSWIP-DIV-7-95 - Part 1, 6th Edition, April 2019 can be found on the CSWIP website.
If candidates are taking the 3.1U and 3.2U back-to-back then they must have satisfied the 3.1U and 3.2U training requirements and take the 3.1U examination prior to the 3.2U examination.
These combined examinations will require the candidate to spend more than one day at the test centre. 3.2U certificates will only be issued if success in both the 3.1U and 3.2U examinations is achieved and the candidate has provided proof of at least one years' experience working as a practising commercial diver.
Progression: CSWIP 3.4U Underwater Inspection Controller
Previous level: CSWIP 3.1U NDT Inspection Diver