Who should attend?
If you are an experienced Level 2 qualified ultrasonic technician looking to expand your knowledge and gain a qualification in phased array ultrasonic testing certificate this course is suitable for you.
Where can I take the face-to-face training?
The CSWIP Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PAUT) course is available in several countries throughout the South East Asia region. You can attend the course in China, Malaysia, South Korea and Thailand.
Download the course calendar and price list of 2022 Download
What will I learn?
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Explain the theoretical background of phased array applications
- Correctly select probe/wedge to examine welded butt joints
- Calibrate and set up the phased array ultrasonic equipment
- Locate and evaluate flaws in the weld body, HAZ, and parent metal lamination
- Analyse scan data for location and size of defects in typical welded butt joints
- Accurately report weld condition
- Differentiate defects from geometric features
- Compile a written instruction
- Meet the CSWIP syllabus requirements
What are the entry requirements?
CSWIP candidates should be qualified to a minimum of BS EN ISO 9712 in Ultrasonic Testing.
CSWIP certification is also available for candidates holding ASNT UT Welds. It will be considered on an individual basis and evidence of training and experience presented to the training centre on application. Non-BS EN ISO 9712 certificate holders will be required to sit the CSWIP UT Welds Level 2 General Paper.
The minimum duration for experience prior to or following success in the Direct Level 2 qualification examination is 6 months.
Read the full course details here.
HRDCorp claimable grant
TWI Training courses are all HRDCorp claimable under the SBL-Khas scheme. SBL-Khas provides opportunity for HRDCorp registered employers to retrain and upgrade their employees in line with their operational and business requirements.
To start your grant application, click here to find out the process flow and guideline.
MBOT Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours earned