KUKA Friction Stir Welding
The KUKA Robotic Friction Stir Welding System (FSW) takes the well-established and reliable friction stir welding process to a new level. By combining the robot and FSW head directly, without the use of an end effector, the KUKA system gives unrivalled accuracies with the flexibility of a robot.
Advantages of the KUKA system include:
- Low investment costs
- Flexible programmable working area
- Integrated drive spindle with high torque
- Force Torque controlled in Z-direction
- Contact force of up to 10kN in the whole working range
- Fully integrated robot and FSW head. No end effector!
Member: KUKA Systems UK Ltd