Thu, 30 June, 2022
Level 7 Apprenticeship Programme – Designed to equip senior management with the knowledge and tools to strategically address the industrial challenges of 2022 and the future.
De Montfort University (DMU) and NSIRC have partnered to create an industry-focused Senior Leader (Executive) Apprenticeship Programme for professionals performing strategic leadership roles who direct, lead and manage organisations.
This Chartered Management Institute (CMI) level 7 senior leadership programme is designed by DMU with a focus on the industrial need for managers and leaders capable of critical thinking and executing complex change in a fast paced, technology innovation landscape.
Focusing on empowering professional strategic management from the public, private or third sector organisations, of all sizes, the programme enables apprentices to develop versatile skill-sets to support dynamic leadership and financial decision-making process through practical example and work-based learning. This standard has been allocated Funding Band 12 (£14,000) by the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education (IfATE).
Course Overview - Degree Apprenticeship with a Sense of Purpose
The course duration is 18 months with five study days per module. The study mode of the course follows a blended learning approach that includes face-to-face, online seminars, real-world projects, interactive classroom activities and simulation to prepare apprentices to take strategic decisions. In addition to being in-person, apprentices have the opportunity for distance learning and self-directed study. Along with the bespoke business school learning around the needs of your organisations.
After the successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, the apprentices will achieve a Level 7 postgraduate diploma in business administration – awarded by De Montfort University, and Level 7 Senior Leader Apprenticeship. Also, the apprentices will be given an opportunity to gain Chartered Manager status (CMgr MCMI) at the End Point Assessment which consists of two components, a professional discussion based on the Apprentice’s portfolio of evidence and a presentation based on a 4000-word project proposal with a Q&A session.
Benefits of this Senior Leader Apprenticeship for Your Business:
- The apprenticeship programme allows the organisation to utilise their levy and reinvest in the business by training executive director talent and retaining leadership. In the wake of skill shortage, this apprenticeship can provide high level job training for existing staff, giving them with the opportunity to develop and progress while gaining a university MBA equivalent diploma.
- The course is delivered by professionals with real-world knowledge and expertise. It allows apprentices to work on real-world examples and projects that demonstrate the practical application of theoretical knowledge to workplace challenges.
- Apprenticeships are proven to increase engagement, develop future talent and leadership, support diversity and inclusion, facilitate the digital transformation and cultural change, boost well-being and enhance an organisation’s resilience and performance, through one-to-one training and support.
Senior Leader (Executive) Apprenticeship: Course Outline
- Dynamic Leadership for Organisations
- Financial Decision Making
- Strategy in Turbulent Times
- Reshaping the Future of Work
How much does it cost?
There is no tuition fee to pay either by the applicant or by the company.
The total fee of £14,000 per employee (for the whole 18 month – duration of the course) will be met by the UK government and the employer through the apprenticeship levy.
What are the Entry Requirements?
The programme is designed for professionals, therefore the applicant must be employed by an organisation - to support the applicant’s participation in the programme. Other requirements include:
- A minimum of two-year management experience and a degree at upper Second-Class Honours or above significant management experience (three years minimum) with a strong track record of achievement and relevant qualifications.
How do I apply?
To find out more about the course or to begin your application, please email Hannah Stedman, NSIRC Recruitment Coordinator, TWI Research and Innovation Operations Project Leader via email@example.com.