TWI is pleased to announce an opportunity for its Industrial Member companies to gain insight into TWI’s latest activities concerning mooring chains for floating structures, specifically for FPSOs, FSOs and semis.
The Mooring Chains Workshop will take place on 27 April, at TWI’s Technology Centre in Aberdeen. Attendance is free for Industrial Members of TWI.
The day will feature presentations providing an overview of current technology developments. Highlights of the day include the following:
- Ultrasonic techniques for in-situ inspection and monitoring
- Fatigue crack growth rates of mooring chain steel in seawater
- Finite element analysis of mooring chain links
- Fatigue performance of mooring chain in seawater
- Structural health monitoring and in-service inspection of mooring chain
This workshop will focus on technical topics related to mooring chain integrity, analysis and inspection. A number of TWI experts in the fields of non-destructive testing, fatigue, modelling, and structural health monitoring will be in attendance.
This promises to be a valuable event for oil and gas companies, with delegates expected from across the sector and excellent networking opportunities. To request a copy of the agenda, please contact us.