Join TWI and the American Welding Society (AWS) in New Orleans, USA on April 25 to 27 for the 2016 Conference on Thermoplastics Welding and Joining.
With the deadline for abstracts fast approaching researchers, engineers, scientists, manufacturers, fabricators and academics from all over the world are encouraged to present their cutting-edge research on a varied array of thermoplastics welding disciplines.
Potential authors ready to publish their findings are invited to submit technical abstracts illustrating research results, projects and industrial experiences that describe significant advances in thermoplastic welding and joining technologies.
Technical papers and presentations should not be used for promotional purposes and may have no promotional or commercial aspects whatsoever. The papers should discuss the subject matter in a scientific and technical fashion and be long enough to adequately report on the topic.
All presentations will be selected for technical quality, appropriateness, and significance.
The deadline for applications and abstracts is 15 October 2015.
Topical areas to consider include:
- Advances in thermoplastic welding and joining (hot gas, extrusion, electrofusion, heated tool, resistive implant, induction, infrared, laser, ultrasonic, vibration, spin, microwave, RF, staking, swaging and fastening)
- Advances in adhesive bonding of thermoplastics
- Joining of thermoplastics, dual laminates, and composites
- Hybrid processes for joining thermoplastics
- Testing and inspection of joints
- Qualification of welders and inspectors
- Education and training
- Design of welded thermoplastic systems
- Theory and modelling of thermoplastic joints
- Application studies
- New welding/joining processes
Authors can submit their abstract online at: http://awo.aws.org/plastic-welding-and-joining/
Complete papers and/or presentations will be required by 31 December 2015.
Full details of the conference can be found here.
For more information on TWI's work on polymers please contact us.