Enabling works are well underway ahead of the multi-million pound development to expand TWI's existing laboratories at its Cambridge headquarters and to build the UK's first industry-led postgraduate education and research facility - the National Structural Integrity Research Centre (NSIRCTM).
Tree felling, demolition and earthworks are part of the huge project to prepare the land ahead of construction. The extent of the works has been captured in aerial photography, below, and in a video of the site - click here to have a look.
The new high-tech facilities will comprise three new buildings linked to TWI's existing main building by informal seating and meeting areas, and featuring:
- a large-scale engineering development including a new 3200m2 hall
- �2000m2 of laboratory space
- workshop areas including a welder training area and X-ray bays
- enhanced training and examination facilities
- specially designed �library and Information hub
- extensive conference� and meeting facilities
Building work is due to start before the end of the year, with an estimated completion date of late 2014.
For more information, please contact Colin Walters.