26 September 2013
Join your colleagues from industry, academia and government at the 33rd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OMAE2014) in San Francisco, California, from June 8-13, 2014.
OMAE 2014 is the ideal forum for researchers, engineers, managers, technicians and students from the scientific and industrial communities from around the world to:
- meet and present advances in technology and its scientific support;
- to exchange ideas and experiences whilst promoting technological progress and its application in industry
- to promote international cooperation in ocean, offshore and arctic engineering.
In line with the tradition of excellence of previous OMAE conferences, more than 900 technical papers are planned for presentation.
TWI staff will be presenting the following papers:
- The effect of notch sharpness on the fracture toughness determined from SENT specimens (Philippa Moore - Principal Project Leader, TWI)
- Predicting long endurance fatigue stress of girth welded pipes (Yanhui Zhang - Consultant, TWI)
San Francisco is a fabulous city to visit in June! View the OMAE 2014 invitation video to learn more about the sights and sound of the City by the Bay and its surrounding areas.
Outreach for Engineers Specialty Forum
This Specialty Forum is designed for students and professionals who may not be familiar with the Ocean and Offshore industry, as well as those who have just recently specialized in this field. SCHOLARSHIPS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO OFFSET COSTS TO ATTEND THIS EVENT. For more information, please contact Javanni Kiezer.
Save over $300 per person for members of TWI.
Our program will follow the tradition of excellence standard in all previous OMAE conferences. The following 10 standard symposia plus 2 special symposia are planned:
San Francisco and the Venue
OMAE2014 will be held at the Palace Hotel, in beautiful San Francisco, California, USA. Come join us in the city by the bay. San Francisco is known for its beauty, its free spirited and friendly residents, and its commitment to leading the nation in environmental concerns. Enjoy the sites, such as the Golden Gate Bridge, Coit Tower and Ocean Beach. San Francisco is surrounded by other beautiful locales including the world-famous Napa Wine Valley and Carmel-Monterey Peninsula.
Prof. Ronald W. Yeung, Ph.D.
Dr. Dominique Roddier, Ph.D.