The search box is the most popular feature on the TWI's website. Since the website was launched, TWI has had a great deal of constructive feedback from members and staff regarding the search and are pleased to announce that those comments have been taken on board and the customised Google search is now live.
Here are some of the new features which make it even better:
- there is now a right-hand column which appears when a search is done. You can use the various options in this column to refine your search by section, author, keywords, document type or date range
- icons are shown next to restricted items which indicates to a non-member, or someone who is logged out of the website, when there are items they may not have access to.
- PDF icons clearly indicate where an item in the search results is a PDF document as opposed to a regular webpage
- there is a new section headed 'You might be interested in.' which offers automatically generated suggestions to help refine your search (i.e. a search for friction would suggest Friction Stir Welding)
- there is also an 'advanced search' option, just below the search box, which users may find useful.
�Please contact us if you have any queries.