TWI is pleased to announce a new and special collaboration with the Confederation of Indian Industry, which allows it to lend support to the Confederation's established collection of training programmes and to raise awareness of technical developments in materials engineering and joining technology.
The first activities offered by the collaboration are expected to take place in October 2013, and will involve delivery of welding training courses plus an Advanced Materials Joining Technical Awareness Day, held in conjunction with the Godrej - C11 School of Excellence.
In the year since the launch of its new India facility in Chennai in January 2012, TWI has expanded its staff base to include experienced specialists from Indian industry, and has been building its training, examination and technical services for customers and Industrial Members in the region. Training in NDT and inspection is supported by an NDT Research and Engineering Services department at the facility, linking directly with the services offered by TWI in the UK.
TWI India's growing suite of training courses comprises:
BGAS-CSWIP Painting Inspector - Grade 1
BGAS-CSWIP Painting Inspector - Grade 2/3
CSWIP 3.0 - Visual Welding Inspector - Level 1
CSWIP 3.1 - Welding Inspector - Level 2
CSWIP 3.2 - Senior Welding Inspector - Level 3
CSWIP 3.4U - Underwater Inspection Controller
CSWIP Welding Quality Control Co-ordinator
Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
Penetrant Testing (PT)
Ultrasonic Testing (UT) - Welds
Technical support covers:
- Inspection of austenitic steel components and dissimilar metal welds, for detection of manufacturing and in-service flaws
- Monitoring and detection of corrosion using medium range ultrasonic guided wave
- Ultrasonic detection and characterisation of stress corrosion cracking in welds
- Use of non-linear ultrasonic techniques for detecting kissing bonds in composites
- Detection of corrosion in storage tank floors
- Long-term structural monitoring of cracks and failures
- Continuous monitoring of machinery and rotating parts
TWI has been offering training and examinations services in India for over 20 years, across all sectors and notably for those working in the energy and oil and gas industries. For further information about the new welding training courses or the Advanced Materials Joining Technical Awareness Day, please contact Jim Kerins� or visit our training and examinations website. Information about TWI's work in structural integrity and NDT is available here.