28 January 2020
WindTwin Open Day
On behalf of the WindTwin Consortium (Agility3 Ltd, Brunel University London, Dashboard Ltd, ESI Group, and TWI Ltd) we would like to invite to a free-to-attend event that consists of talks by key expert speakers from the wind energy sector, academia, Innovate UK, and an extended exploration of the innovative solution developed within WindTwin for preventive and predictive maintenance of wind turbines. Unlike other existing solutions, which are mainly based on data analytics (Digital Twin), the WindTwin Consortium, led by ESI Group, has developed a combined solution that utilises both data-based and physics-based modelling (Hybrid Twin™).
The final programme will be published on 16th December 2019, but we can already confirm that the day will start at 9:30AM, with coffee and registration, and expected to wrap up by 3:30PM with open Q&A session. The programme will include:
- Technical presentations by individual project partners to introduce the technologies utilised/ developed throughout WindTwin including: data analytics, machine learning, sensors technology and signal processing, advanced 3D visualisation, and system modelling.
- Invited speakers, from industry and academia, who will elaborate on the status of the wind energy sector in general - shed some lights on current challenges facing wind farm operators as well as OEMs and their supply chain, and will provide an insight into the state-of-the-art of relevant technologies
- Live demonstration of the WindTwin Platform (including all tools and models developed during the project) while applied on real-life data provided by the Westmill Wind farm
- Talk from Innovate-UK which will provide a snapshot of the global strategy and recent initiatives in the domains of Renewable Energy as well as Digital Twin
- Two additional presentations showing the potential of technologies developed in WindTwin outside wind energy sector
- Open discussion and feedback session
- Opportunity for networking
Who should attend?
Engineers and decision makers from across the Wind Energy sector (including windfarm owners/ operators, independent service providers, OEMs of wind turbine and companies in supply chain, trade associations, also academics and researchers who are working on related topics.
The day will also be very informative for engineers from other sectors, in particular those who are interested in digital/hybrid twin, predictive maintenance, asset integrity management, data analytics, machine learning, system modelling, condition monitoring, and Industry 4.0.
Contact and further information:
For further information, please contact Miss Natalia Garban, TWI Ltd at Natalia.firstname.lastname@example.org. The event is free to attend but registration in advance is mandatory.