10 March 2020
Structures and Infrastructure Technical Group Meeting:
Welding in the Railway Industry Sectors
This event will include professionals from various railway industry sectors presenting a mix of specially chosen topics for discussion. There are many areas requiring the use of welding processes within the railway industry and some of these will be examined in detail to allow information transfer and promote debate for clarification and understanding.
The meeting will be limited to several topics in this vast and diverse subject. The main topics proposed to be covered by the expert speakers in their field are:
- Rail welding - various methods
- Welding of power transfer equipment
- Welding control (vehicles) - BS EN 15085
- Track furniture - signal towers etc
- Refurbishment of power units
Benefits of attending
- Information transfer from experts and networking
- Discussion, questions and answers on the specific topics
- A broader understanding of the extent of welding in the industry
- Attendance of this event qualifies for CPD
What type of audience should attend?
- Welding engineers
- Project engineers/managers
- Methods engineers
Non-Member Fee: £95 + VAT (£114)
The Welding Institute Professional Member Fee: £35 + VAT (£42)
TWI Industrial Member Fee: £35 + VAT (£42)
Student/Retired Member Fee: £15 + VAT (£18)
We look forward to seeing you at the event.