14 December 2023
Welding and Joining Processes Technical Group: Back-to-Basics Webinar on Submerged Arc Welding
This back-to-basics webinar will be an introduction to the submerged arc welding process. It will cover the process fundamentals, equipment and applications. There will also be mention of methods for increased productivity.
Who should attend:
Welding engineers, welding apprentices and trainees, designers and anyone in the welding industry with little or no knowledge of the process.
- Professional Members of The Welding Institute: £25 + VAT (£30)
- Industrial Members of TWI: £25 + VAT (£30)
- Non-members: £95 + VAT (£114)
- Retired Members: £25 + VAT (£30)
- Students: £25 + VAT (£30)
- TWI Training School Customers with professional membership: Please contact us with your Training Customer ID Number
TWI Staff - please contact Hafiza Rahman if you wish to register.
Please note that payment must be made before the event in order to receive the joining instructions for the event.
CAN'T MAKE IT ON THE DAY?
If you can't join us on the day, you can still access the recording of the webinar and the presentations by registering ahead of the event.*
*presentation dissemination is dependent on presenter consent.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP (AWeldI) OF THE WELDING INSTITUTE
Registering on this Technical Group webinar as a non-member or a TWI Training Customer without Professional Membership gives you full Associate Membership (AWeldI) for one year. To activate your membership, just complete the highlighted fields on the event registration form.
You will also benefit from:
- Discounted registration fees for Technical Group webinars (£25 + VAT)
- Free attendance at Branch events
- Access to our knowledge database including our library and information services
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THIS WEBINAR
- Information transfer from experts
- Discussion, questions and answers on the specific topics
- A broader understanding of the extent of standards in the industry
- Attendance of this event qualifies for CPD
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD)
The Welding Institute awards points towards CPD for delegates attending this webinar. Every hour attendance of an event will earn 2 points towards your continuing professional development.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a certificate of attendance towards your continuing professional development.
Eur Ing Eugene Mathers CEng, MSc, Dip IIM, FWeldI, EWE, IWE
Welding Engineering Consultant
Gene has over 40 years industrial experience working in pipeline, power generation, heavy engineering, nuclear and the pressure vessel fabrication industries.
He has worked for Aiton & Co Ltd, English Electric, Rolls Royce and Associates and British Gas before joining NEI-International Combustion Ltd as the company’s Welding and Metallurgy Manager and latterly Quality Manager for some 10 years. He joined TWI Ltd in 1991 as Manager, School of Welding Technology before moving into the role of Principal Consultant in the Manufacturing Services Group. Since retiring he has provided a welding engineering consultancy service as a private consultant.