The first CSWIP Welding Quality Control Co-ordinator course will take place in Abington, UK on 23 - 27 August (4 days training and 1 day examination). The next course has been scheduled for 27 Sept - 1 October in Middlesbrough. It will be followed by a November course (venue to be dependent on student location demand).
The qualification is a natural career progression for experienced inspection personnel who wish to demonstrate their level of competence in the field of Quality Control Management.
The programme covers:
- Inspection test plans (quality plans)
- Review and acceptance of: material certification, mechanical testing reports, welding procedures qualifications, welder qualifications, PWHT reports and procedures, pressure testing reports, NDT reports, as-built drawings,engineering query, non-conformance reports, final certification.
The requirements for candidates to be able to take the examination are, as a minimum:
- A current valid CSWIP 3.2 Senior Welding Inspector certification plus three years' documented experience related to the duties and responsibilities or an International equivalent.
- A current valid CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspector with 10 years' documented experience related to the duties and responsibilities or an International equivalent.
- When the above requirements are not met, candidates can be assessed on an individual case by case basis for entry. (The candidate must show competence and knowledge of subjects covered as detailed below).
Below is a list of typical prior knowledge requirements:
- Application of the requirements of codes and standards.
- Use and application of inspection quality test plans/written schemes of examination.
- Knowledge of quality related procedures and associated practices.
- Identification of relevant material, components and associated certification.
- Awareness of associated manufacturing processes and operations.
- Knowledge of heat treatment procedures, recording systems and reports.
- Awareness of hydrostatic test methods, safety and best practice and pneumatic testing.
- Knowledge of non-destructive testing and destructive mechanical testing.
- Health and safety requirements and practices.
For more information or to enrol, please contact Customer Services on +44 (1223) 899500 or e-mail email@example.com.