For many years there has been a strong relationship and technology partnership between Brunel University and TWI. Building on this, a decision was taken to establish, in Autumn 2009, a new research centre known as the Brunel Innovation Centre (BIC) based here at TWI Cambridge.
BIC will operate as a long-term strategic partnership with the aim of developing a financially sustainable research facility, drawing on Brunel's existing strengths, to complement and underpin the applied research and development activities of TWI. The centre will report to the steering committee consisting of the Pro-Vice Chancellor and Research Director of Brunel University and Associate and Technical Directors of TWI Ltd. The Centre has appointed Dr Tat-Hean Gan of TWI as the Director of the Brunel Innovation Centre and also the Chair for Acoustic Waves Technologies. While acting as the Director of BIC, Tat-Hean will also act as the Head of the Business Development for the NDT Group.
The objectives of BIC are to:
- create a shared research and technology facility
- undertake joint research programmes
- secure a portfolio of research funding from external sponsors
- build a mutual understanding of future research challenges and opportunities
- develop the next generation of technologies and engineers
For more information, please contact us.