Plant Integrity Limited has developed a new permanently installed tool-head called Teletest Perm-A-MountTM. This device consists of a transducer array attached directly to the pipe surface providing all the benefits of Teletest Focus Guided Wave Inspection without the problems with access.
Perm-A-Mount is a low-cost, long-life tool installation intended for regular monitoring of piping systems in environmentally hostile, safety critical or difficult to access areas.
Typical applications for this technique include:
- Road or river crossings
- Elevated lines
- Insulated lines
- Offshore risers
- Buried lines
- Sub-sea lines (with further development).
The installation process has been developed in conjunction with TWI Ltd's surfacing and corrosion departments and tested to ensure that the tool will not be a future source of corrosion in piping systems. The tool head is connected to existing Teletest Focus units via an external communication box that can be located up to 20 metres from the tool head. The data collection is very simple to execute and can be either analysed on site by a CSWIP trained operator or remotely.
- Automated three click data collection. Provides the flexibility for on-site analysis or remote analysis by CSWIP Trained operators.
- Low cost
- Multimode wave form. Transducer arrays are optimised for pipe diameter, wall thickness and contents, maximising detection capabilities.
- Excellent data stability and repeatability. Data collected from Perm-a-mount tool heads is highly repeatable allowing very small changes in pipe condition to be detected.
- Wide temperature range. Perm-A-Mount can operate across a wide range of temperatures from -40°C to +125°C.
- Pipe size range. ASME Schedule 2" to 36"
- Unique serial numbered tool heads
- Improved detectability. Overlay of scans allows improved analysis and earlier detection of defects.
- Low profile. The tool is only 15mm thick and 150mm long.
- Mechanically robust construction. Fatigue testing showed no degradation of tool after 4.1 million cycles.
- Environmentally robust. No degradation of signal after salt spray testing.
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org